Skoda is the official replacement for the Slavia Rapide sedan, and it is expected to go on sale early next year. Here are the top 5 highlights of this compact sedan.
Skoda Auto India is already accepting pre-bookings for the Skoda Slavia compact sedan
Skoda Auto India recently took the wraps off the new Slavia compact sedan, and is slated to be launched in India in early 2022. It is the official replacement for the Rapide, which reached the end of its production in October 2021. Czech car makers are already accepting bookings for the car. The new Slavia is the first sedan to be built on the MQB A0-IN platform shared with the Kushk and Volkswagen Taigun. Here are the top 5 highlights of Skoda Slavia.
Read also: Skoda Slavia compact sedan makes its global debut in India; booking open
1. Skoda will offer the new Slavia sedan in three variants – Active, Ambition and Style. It will be available in five colors – Candy White, Brilliant Silver, Carbon Steel, Tornado Red and Crystal Blue. Dimensionally, the sedan measures 4541 mm in length, 1752 mm in width and 1487 mm in height. The wheelbase of the car remains at 2651mm. Skoda says the Slavia is bigger than the first generation Octavia.
2. Visually speaking, Skoda Slavia Signature-style butterfly grille with vertical slats and chrome surround, sleek LED headlamps with LED DRLs, multi-spoke 16-inch alloy wheels, fender garnish with chrome outline, circular fog lamps, shark fin comes with. antenna, signature C-shaped split LED taillamp, and more.
3. On the inside, the Skoda Slavia comes equipped with a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 8-inch digital instrument console, front ventilated seats, two-spoke multi-functional steering wheel, wireless charger. USB C-Charging, Auto Day/Night IRVM, Rear AC Vents, and more.
4. For safety, the sedan gets features like 6-airbags, ABS, Traction Control, ISOFIX Mount, Hill Hold Control, ESP, Multi Collision Braking, Electronic Differential Lock, Vehicle Stability Management, TPMS, and more.
5. Skoda Slavia shares its powertrain with the Kushak compact SUV – 1.0-litre TSI 3-cylinder engine and 1.5-litre 4-cylinder TSI unit. The first is good for 113 bhp and 175 Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a 6-speed manual and an optional 6-speed automatic torque converter unit. The larger 1.5-litre motor develops 148 bhp and 250 Nm and comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox and a 7-speed DSG automatic unit.
For the latest auto news and reviews, follow carandbike.com TwitterFacebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.