No sunburn festival this year, announced by Goa CM

Bad news for music lovers: Goa’s annual Sunburn Festival has been canceled this year. Announcing this earlier today, Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said that no permission has been granted to hold the festival this year, which welcomes attendees from all over the country and even the world.

During a press conference, he told reporters, “We have not given permission to Sunburn to organize the festival this year. I have already passed the file stating that.”

The decision comes as India is doing its part to contain the cases of covid. Earlier this year, Goa Tourism Minister Manohar Ajgaonkar had said that permission was not granted for the Sunburn EDM Festival, but the organizers had applied for it.

It seems, there was some misunderstanding about the status of the festival, as on the official Sunburn Twitter page, the final tweet teases the announcement of the first headliner for Sunburn Goa 2021.

Another tweet suggested that the pre-sale tickets for Sunburn Goa 2021 are “sold out”.

In a November 17 tweet, the organizers of Sunburn had announced, “Life hasn’t been easy for anyone in recent times, but trying to do a concert is another thing. We still want to do it, because we want to live, because we miss the energy, the joy, the music and the dance… This year is going to be different… but it’s sunburn. Same music, same energy, same production and same vibe.”

A music and dance festival is essentially a celebration of certain genres of music like EDM. It has been organized in the state for the last 15 years – around the same time every year.

I Follow us for more lifestyle news Instagram | Twitter , Don’t miss out on Facebook and the latest updates!

,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *