The company has sold over 5.9 lakh units of the Celerio in the country and now with the new generation, expects to take this number further in the coming years.
Maruti Suzuki launched the new generation of the Celerio hatchback in the country a few weeks back and it was priced at ₹ 5 lakh which was very competitive in the country. We expect a lot from the new generation of this hatchback and that is because it has been extremely popular ever since its launch in the country. The company has sold over 5.9 lakh units of the Celerio in the country and now with the new generation, expects to take this number further in the coming years. So, here we are telling you all about the new generation of Celerio.
- The new generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio comes with the tall claim of being India’s most fuel-efficient petrol car, thanks to the new 1.0-litre Dual Jet, Dual VVT K10C engine with Idle Start-Stop technology, which is ARAI certified back helps to. 26.68 kmpl mileage.
- Visually, the new generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio comes with a completely new design and styling, which the company calls 3D Organic Sculpted Design.
- The Celerio also gets new body-coloured ORVMs with integrated turn signal lights, flared wheel arches, and new 15-inch urban black alloy wheels. At the rear, the car comes with new droplet-style taillights, a rear windshield wiper and a new body-coloured bumper with reflectors.
- The Celerio will be available in 6 colors which include Arctic White, Silky Silver, Glistening Gray and Caffeine Brown along with two new shades – Solid Fire Red and Speedy Blue.
- In terms of dimensions, the car measures 3695 mm in length, 1655 mm in width, 1555 mm in height and comes with a wheelbase of 2435 mm.
- Maruti says that the boot capacity has also been increased by 40 percent compared to the outgoing model. It is of 313 liters.
- Maruti says the car comes with over 12 safety features, including first-in-segment first-in-segment hill hold assist function with AGS/AMT variants. Other features include dual airbags, ABS with EBD, front seat-belt reminder, high-speed alert and more.
- Under the hood, the new Maruti Suzuki Celerio is equipped with a new 1.0-litre, three-cylinder dual jet, dual VVT, K10c petrol engine that is tuned to develop 66 bhp and 89 Nm of peak torque.
For the latest auto news and reviews, follow carandbike.com TwitterFacebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.