CBI accuses Navy Commander of 6 for leaking submarine information

Kilo class submarines: CBI files chargesheet against serving and retired Navy officers

New Delhi:

Sources said the Central Bureau of Investigation has filed a chargesheet against six persons, including a serving commander and two retired Indian Navy officers, for allegedly passing confidential information about India’s Kilo class submarines to “unauthorised persons”.

Sources said that six people have been charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act and the Indian Penal Code.

The CBI said that the accused was passing on confidential business information of the Medium Refit Life Certification or MRLC program of India’s Kilo class submarines to unauthorized persons.

The case came to light after the CBI arrested retired naval officers Randeep Singh and SJ Singh on September 3. The first charge sheet has been filed against both of them. The second chargesheet names three directors, including an executive director of a Hyderabad-based company.

Sources said that after searching the property of Commodore Randeep Singh (Retd), around Rs 2 crore in cash was recovered.

Kilo class submarine CBI case: Six people were charged under Prevention of Corruption Act and Indian Penal Code, sources said

Based on the investigation, the CBI arrested Commander Ajit Kumar Pandey, posted at the Western Naval Command Headquarters. Another commander, who was working under Commander Pandey and posted in the same headquarters, was also arrested.

According to CBI sources, these two serving commanders were passing confidential business information about the repair of Kilo class submarines to retired naval officers working for foreign companies.

The source said Commander SJ Singh, who retired earlier this year, is working for a Korean company which has interest in Indian Navy projects. At least a dozen people, including a rear admiral, have been questioned in the case.

To prevent the arrested accused from getting default bail, the CBI today decided to file a charge sheet. “Further investigation is on,” a CBI source told NDTV.

As the matter pertains to national security, the CBI has not even made public the First Information Report or the FIR lodged on September 2. The investigation is going on at the highest level in the CBI.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *